If you don't care whether the San Francisco 49ers or Baltimore Ravens win the Super Bowl on Sunday and you don't want to be near anybody who does, the East Bay offers plenty to do that afternoon that doesn't have anything to do with football.
If you're planning a non-sports outing or know of such events, let us and your fellow Patch readers know about them in the comments section.
Here's a few suggestions:
- The Lawrence Hall of Science in Berkeley is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. that day. One of their ongoing exhibits now is Science on a Sphere, which features an animated globe where you can watch hurricanes form and tsunamis roar.
- Also in Berkeley, Urbano Cellars hosts wine tasting on Sundays from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at their facility on Fourth Street.
- If ghosts are more your thing, there is a paranormal conference being held all day Saturday and Sunday. The highlight of the Grey Ghost Paracon is an investigation of the supposedly haunted U.S.S. Hornet docked in Alameda.
- If you want to hear some music, there is the John Karl Hirten Organ Church being performed at 5 p.m. Sunday at the Cathedral of Christ The Light.
- Piedmont will hold a family celebration of the Lunar New Year (but you need to sign up by Wednesday, Jan. 30).