As winter approaches, you may be wishing there was a way you could keep your home warm while lowering your energy bills. Believe it or not, there is a way you can do this AND get money back!
Did you know?
- The average home loses approximately 40% of its energy. That’s means 40 cents of every $1 is leaking out of your home.
- Indoor air quality is 2 to 5 times worse than outdoor air quality
- The average home creates more air pollution than the average car
Homeowners, join the Sierra Club and Energy Upgrade California at the Energy Expo held at the Ecology Center (2530 San Pablo Avenue, Berkeley) Thursday, December 6 from 7:00-9:00p.m. Come learn how easy it is to get up to $4,000 back on home improvements that will help save you money, make your home more energy-efficient and improve home comfort.
An energy upgrade will benefit schools in your area. When you sign up for an energy upgrade, the local school of your choice will receive $250. Visit www.energizefortheprize.org for more information and a full list of participating schools.
At this FREE event you will:
- Hear from local homeowners about their energy upgrade experience
- Learn about the “whole house” approach to energy efficiency
- Have the opportunity to speak with Energy Upgrade California Participating Contractors
- Meet with California Solar Initiative and SmartSolar to learn about their free solar assessment service
To RSVP for the Energy Expo, visit http://eucworkshopecsc-eorg.eventbrite.com/.
To learn more about Energy Upgrade California, visit https://energyupgradeca.org/county/alameda/overview or contact Edie Irons at 510-891-6528 or firstname.lastname@example.org.